5/17/10

NWPC

I attended the NWPC Annual Tea this afternoon. This organization is dedicated to encouraging women to seek elected office. NWPC members have been incredibly supportive of me and my campaign. (Recently, the national organization of NWPC endorsed my candidacy.) The highlight of the afternoon was the panel discussion by Carmen Ramirez (who also recently endorsed me), Robyn Ritter Simon, and Susan Rose regarding the issues and problems encountered by women seeking elected office. All three of these women are strong advocates of specifically encouraging and endorsing women who are seeking elected office. It was a great discussion on a lovely Ventura afternoon.

I also want to take this opportunity to personally acknowledge and thank all the hard-working and dedicated volunteers who are reaching out to voters on my behalf. I could never have come so far without you doing all you are doing. Thank you very much!

No comments: