4/21/10

From VCS - "Panec Cares"


Re: Marie Panec’s April 11 column, “Healthcare bill a good first step”:

Panec correctly reminds us that the “party of no” had eight years to do something about healthcare, and the subject was never even introduced. I would also agree that the recently passed healthcare bill is a good first step, but more work needs to be done.

I can’t tell you how happy I am that Marie has thrown her hat into the ring. At this critical point in our country’s history, our district needs more than a puppet that walks in lockstep with GOP leaders who have decided that they need to double-down on obstruction. Rep. Elton Gallegly has proved that he is business as usual in Washington. Marie Panec has my vote.

I have had the honor of calling Marie a colleague at Moorpark College. I have worked on college governance committees with Marie, and I have witnessed first-hand her dedication, intelligence and stanch advocacy for our students. I know her to be fair and honest, and astonishingly well-prepared on all matters at the local and state level.

If you don’t know Marie, I urge you to get to know her. Shake her hand and look her in the eyes and see for yourself the commitment and passion that Marie has for the people of California. I know our students have benefited from Marie’s advocacy. I have no doubt that she will represent the people of our district with the same passion and integrity.

— John Loprieno, Westlake Village

No comments: